As I near the end of my pregnancy (39 weeks) I have found that just because you’re pregnant, people don’t tell you their beautiful pregnancy and labor stories– they tell you the most horrific, crazy experiences that they went through and their mama went through. It’s almost like you have a sign on your head at the grocery store that says: “I want to hear your worst experiences.” As with anything in life, you MUST guard your heart against what people SAY. Why are we walking around just “signing for everybody’s sorry packages” about our LIFE? The bible gives us FULL instructions on HOW to LIVE regarding being single, married, raising children, dealing with family members, working on your job & EVERYTHING else. Why do we RUN to all these other sources and ignore the MAIN source of life? I don’t know about you but I don’t have time to entertain the lies of this world. So, in light of me giving birth and just reflecting on everything over the past 9 months, I want to remind you of the following:
1. Humans don’t know everything. There’s no formula for ANYTHING. What may work for someone else (they met their hubby at church, one person may give birth at 38 weeks vs. 40 weeks) may NOT work for you. Be VERY selective in what you allow to be planted in your heart. You may meet your God-fearing, fine husband at the mall or at the grocery store! Why would you limit the God of Israel based on what you can see? God can IMPORT a man, He can OPEN up a barren womb, He can OPEN up a position at a company JUST for YOU. Just because this can be true, it cannot be your FOCUS. Our focus is on CHRIST. You never know. Even in my own life, my husband and I were pregnant in March of 2011 and we were excited until we found out that the sac was empty at the first ultrasound. There was no child– just a growing sac. My body rejected the sac in May 2011 and I went through a painful miscarriage of the sac. I experienced ALL the things that came with pregnancy (symptoms) but had no child to show for it. I continued to experience problems with my body for a few more months. When we got pregnant again and found out in June of 2012.. I had a choice. I could sit around and FEAR that there wouldn’t be a child or understand Ecclesiastes 3:2 that says there’s a “time to be born.” It wasn’t my TIME to get pregnant OR for my son to be born and NOW I understand it! Pinky Promise started in January 2012 & I’m confident if I would have given birth in November 2011 that I would have been TOO busy to focus on a brand new ministry which as taken up a ton of my time! I had to LEARN to trust God’s timing. PERIOD.
2. If you don’t know the bible for yourself, someone will feed you their opinions. It’s simple, if you don’t have a standard then someone else will set it for you. You can’t just let people’s words & opinions push you around like the wind!! Can you compare to a piece of paper that is being tossed around by the wind.. kinda going wherever the weather pushes it? Or are you like that TREE that is planted by the rivers of water that brings forth fruit in it’s season and its leaf doesn’t wither and whatever it does — does well? (Psalm 1:3). So STUDY the bible DAILY. Look up scriptures on things that you struggle with– don’t just walk around blind to what the bible says, accepting what everyone tells you!
3. Fear. For example, if you’re believing God for a husband, pregnancy, salvation for your husband, a change in your child or whatever the case, you must hold on to what you believe to be true. It’s because of your aunt’s 4th divorced advice, you think that marriage would never work. It’s because your girlfriends son who is the same age as your son.. and “this & that happened to him” so now the idea has been introduced in your heart and in the back of your mind, fear is growing and your faith is being attacked. We should listen to stories of HOPE and be encouraged that God hasn’t forgotten about us! Don’t let these silly distractions have you so messed up that you’re believing the lie more than you’re believing God’s truth!
4. Stop watching Scandal. Ok. Scandal is JUST an example and I’ve never watched the show. But based on what people tweet and post about.. it sounds like there’s some adultery & sex scenes. So as you lay down tonight, whether single or married you could 1. Wish you had someone with you that you aren’t married to OR 2. You’re married but now you’re imagining yourself sexually with someone from your past. You may not get attacked right away but a seed was PLANTED. One day, your husband just won’t be good enough, being single & just “trusting God” won’t be as enticing especially since you’ve been waiting soooo long. You may think that I’m extreme. You may think that it doesn’t “take all that.” But living for Christ will cost you your LIFE. Satan is SEARCHING for an open door in your heart & you GIVE him an open door & then you DEFEND the open door. There’s other silly shows out there that are filled with drama, unhealthy friendships and so much more. Guard your heart against these things. Turn off your cable. Do your part. This goes for music as well. I know you love your Beyonce but she’s framing your thinking. And please, don’t send me emails challenging your music- if God hasn’t already convicted you– go to Him & ask Him His thoughts on it. 🙂
5. YOUR part. Ok, sis- You have a responsibility. Yes, you do. What do you spend your time doing? Do you spend 14 hours on facebook, 8 hours of your day at work or school, an hour working out and then you open up your bible for 5 minutes to read 1 scripture and think that you’re approved? Do you just go to church on Sunday to get your fix.. but ignore God the rest of the week? Do you only go to God when you’re heartbroken or down or do you constantly seek and PURSUE Him? What if someone only came to you when they needed something? Wouldn’t you feel .. a bit used? Do you really want a relationship with God or do you want what you think He can do for you? God has a personality.. a heart. He grieves. He cares. He’s jealous for YOU. You must spend time with God daily. Do your PART. Remember, we spend time with God for OUR good, not for “His good.” HE IS GOD.
As I mentioned above, I’m about to give birth! 🙂 I am currently writing a book on how to stay fit & fabulous pregnant so I cannot wait to share it!! I am going to try to keep you all updated on Baby Boy Lindsey but grace me as I get adjusted to mommy-hood!
1. If you live in Atlanta, I want to invite you to our church. Join us on Sundays at 11:00am at Landmark Art Cinemas. Our churches name is: “The Gathering Oasis” (there’s another church that holds service there too). 931 Monroe Drive NE Atlanta, GA- in Theatre 6.
2. My book is selling like crazy! I’m so thankful for all of you that have supported! Check it out here: My New Book! Pink Lips & Empty Hearts: www.PinkLipsAndEmptyHearts.com
3. As always, you can join a Pinky Promise group locally! There’s about 11,000 ladies that have joined! Find a group near you by joining & checking out the intro page! Join here: www.PinkyPromiseMovement.com
4. To purchase cross rings, tote bags, fabulous shirts, purity rings & all that other good stuff– go here: Pinky Promise Store
P.S. If you’ve asked me questions on here– know that I’m not ignoring you! I get THOUSANDS of emails & questions and it’s super hard to get to each one. Thanks for your patience during this busy time!
God loves you like crazy!