We’ve all been there. Just frustrated or irratated about someone or a certain situation or feeling like you WISH your husband, man, friend, sister, brother, mama, daddy or whoever ELSE will change and stop BOTHERING YOU!!
I want to challenge you tonight in the midst of your frustration. Maybe.. it’s you that needs to change? And trust me, I’m talking to myself as well. In every relationship– we have a part to play. And while we go to God with our laundry list of ALL of the THINGS that everybody else needs to change, He begins to whisper into our heart, “You prayed for patience, so I’m giving you patience.” You prayed to grow up in me, so I’m giving you changes to develop in endurance and maturity.” “You prayed for peace, so you are getting opportunities to choose PEACE over stress.” “You prayed for a great marriage– so I’m showing you each other as a mirror so you can give those areas to me that don’t.. quite look like Me.”
You see, at times, we forget our prayers. We forget that we cry out to God and sing the songs, “I SURRENDER all GOD!!” on Sunday at church but on Monday, we cuss out our unsaved co-worker because she is trying to “throw you under the bus.” Remember that the co-worker MAY not read the bible, but she or he IS reading your life and how you respond to them.
1 Peter 2: 18-23 says:
When treated unfairly by a superior, we should submissively endure by entrusting ourselves to God, the righteous Judge.
And if you continue to read it says “and LIKEWISE the same way in your MARRIAGE.” I’m not referring to a situation where your life is on the line or if your man is doing things illegal– I’m talking about the normal– day to day (UGH!) things that he does to push your buttons. In vs. 19 it says that God is PLEASED when we endure unfair treatment and don’t retaliate the SAME way that others treated us! So, how have you been responding? Or, how have you responded to him or her to start the whole spat?
If we really believe the bible like we say that we do.. we will let God be the judge over these small & large issues that can become distractions to the body of Christ. We have to trust that God will repay evil & reward unconditional love. I believe it. Do you? Lets believe it together! Let’s STAND out to unbelievers as women that aren’t like this world!
I’m not tryin’ to say that your issue isn’t real. I am not trying to say it won’t be hard, but as some POINT we have to get off of the MILK of the word of God and start eating the MEAT of the word of God! It’s time to mature. It’s time to stop going around that same mountain.. over & OVER again. Let’s RESPOND differently than we have in the past. We have the Holy Spirit on the inside of us and HE is helping us. You’re not alone.
God loves you like crazy,
Just a few things:
1. I opened up a Pinky Promise Boutique!!! Think fashionable, fabulous purity rings, cross bracelets, journals, statement necklaces & so much more for women! Check it out via www.pinkypromiseboutiques.com
2. We have developed an APP! Think: daily post notifications + weekly devotionals, recipes and so much more! It’s out NOW for iphones + Androids. Under Heather & Cornelius Lindsey: Today With the Lindsey’s
3. If you live in Atlanta, I want to invite you to our church. Join us on Sundays at 11:00am at Landmark Art Cinemas. Our churches name is: “The Gathering Oasis” 931 Monroe Drive NE Atlanta, GA.
4. My book is selling like crazy! I’m so thankful for all of you that have supported! Check it out here: My New Book! Pink Lips & Empty Hearts: www.PinkLipsAndEmptyHearts.com AND my new book, “A Perfect Recipe” here!
5. Register for the 2014 Pinky Promise in Atlanta, GA! It sold out last year, so you don’t want to miss out! www.pinkypromiseconference.com
6. As always, you can join a Pinky Promise group locally! There’s about 20,000 ladies that have joined! Find a group near you by joining & checking out the intro page! Join here: www.PinkyPromiseMovement.com
7. We are hosting a Marriage Retreat in August & a Single Retreat in October & so far, both events are almost sold out! We would LOVE to meet you! Join us via www.thegonow.com under events!
Love you all dearly,
Preaching in New York this past weekend! 🙂