Ever wondered, “What About Me” God? It seems like you are working your butt off at school, work, doing the right thing in relationships, but you still end up getting the short end of the stick? Maybe you do all of the work and your co-worker gets promoted. Maybe, you are living for Jesus but you don’t feel like your prayers are getting answered. Maybe, you’re getting sick & tired of living for Jesus because you don’t see any results.
Can I illustrate something for you? I want you to go & get a cup and fill it with dirt. Then, go and plant a basil seed in the cup, water it and place it next to the window. Then, walk by the cup every single day and see if you see basil. Weeks may go by & you still may not see anything. Do you get mad at the plant and stop watering it? Do you take the cup and throw it away because you feel like the seed isn’t producing?
Well, that is what most of you are doing with your life. You kick and scream at the cup, throw it down, smash it and you stop watering the seed that is in your heart. You stop reading the bible, you start watching more garbage TV, you start hangin’ out with that man because you’re bored, you start hanging with rebellious, messy women and you open back up that pornography. I mean, a little won’t hurt, right? You never give the GOOD seeds that are planted in your heart TIME to grow.
- Is my motive for being celibate to “get me a husband” or is it because I want to truly honor God with my entire life, be holy as He is holy & truly live for Him?
- Is my motive for working hard getting promoted so I can fill my void of being an overachiever or do I work as though I am working onto the Lord? Longing for Him to use you at your job as THAT is the current ministry He has given you!
- Is my motive for being submitted to my husband getting him to do what I really want him to do? So, I will cook– as long as you perform my love language. I will tell you that you look nice because I want you to touch me. I will perform your love language ONLY because I want you to do mine, NOT because my LOVE for you is unconditional. Matter of fact, I am bitter and mad when you don’t do what I want you to do for me.
- Is my motive for living for Jesus because I want His hand & not His heart? I want what I think God can do for me. So, I will obey bits & pieces of what God tells me to do & choose Him like I’m selecting items off of a menu. You see, I don’t really want to die to myself for real, I just want the “good life.”
Start with getting back to your first love. Go SPEND TIME WITH HIM. I wonder how many times the ANSWER to our prayers and the QUESTIONS we have for the day was actually found in the bible passage & the words from the Holy Spirit that we didn’t read that morning.
So, keep your eyes on heaven and NOT on earth.
1. I opened up a Pinky Promise Boutique!!! Think fashionable, fabulous purity rings, cross bracelets, journals, statement necklaces & so much more for women! Check it out via www.pinkypromiseboutiques.com.
2. We have developed an APP! Think: daily post notifications + weekly devotionals, recipes and so much more! It’s out NOW for iphones + Androids. Under Heather & Cornelius Lindsey: Today With the Lindsey’s
3. If you live in Atlanta, I want to invite you to our church. Join us on Sundays at 11:00am at Landmark Art Cinemas. Our churches name is: “The Gathering Oasis” 931 Monroe Drive NE Atlanta, GA.
4. My book is selling like crazy! I’m so thankful for all of you that have supported! Check it out here: My New Book! Pink Lips & Empty Hearts: www.PinkLipsAndEmptyHearts.com AND my new book, “A Perfect Recipe” here!
5. Register for the 2014 Pinky Promise in Atlanta, GA! It sold out last year, so you don’t want to miss out! www.pinkypromiseconference.com
6. As always, you can join a Pinky Promise group locally! There’s about 21,000 ladies that have joined! Find a group near you by joining & checking out the intro page! Join here:www.PinkyPromiseMovement.com
7. We are hosting a Marriage Retreat in August & a Single Retreat in October & so far, both events are almost sold out! We would LOVE to meet you! Join us via www.thegonow.com under events!
I taught a message on “What About Me” last week in South Carolina. Check out a short clip here.