So, people always ask me about the products I use for my skin so I decided that I would FINALLY blog about it so I can just send people this way! 🙂 Before I get into the product, I want to remind you that your skin is your biggest organ! We have to treat it right by drinking alkaline water (I like Essentia), taking our vitamins (Gonna blog on that next), eating our veggies, getting sleep (something I’m still struggling with because we have a 6 month old), avoiding drama and stress and most importantly, spending time with the Lord. Stress will age and wrinkle your skin. I’m super big on making sure that those things are in place before I throw a bunch of products on my face. So, don’t get mad at me if these don’t work and you keep eating fried chicken and drinking lots of soda. 🙂 Group Hug!
Also, I want to note that I’m a HUGE product junkie! I love me some products! I love to find things that make my skin healthier. I know some people that just slap on coconut oil and call it a day & that works for them. That doesn’t work for me. 🙁 I tried just throwing on coconut oil at night and my skin broke out. So, I had to figure out what works for ME. The below is what I’ve figured out over a span of 2 years. This isn’t some marketing plan for a company – it’s simply what I found that works! So, I don’t recommend that you go crazy & buy all of these products. Try a few products & see if they work. Then, try more as you can.
Before we get into the details of what I use – I want to caution you that these products aren’t the cheapest products on this earth but they surly work. I found out about most of these products while getting a facial and saw a difference INSTANTLY. For me, it’s worth to splurge a little bit if it’s going to keep my skin wrinkle free and healthy!
AND – before you get started in purchasing any of these things – just try a couple things and see if it works for you. Again, I’ve been using the below for awhile & I finially found what works for me. AND don’t forget to purchase any of these things through EBATES to get coupons & cash back for your purchases. When I shop at certain places – I’m able to get 10% back on my purchases which saves me even more money. Also, be sure to check out the websites – most of the ones I’m linking have coupon codes (like code: deals) and it will give you more money off!
Ready? Ok, here’s my regimen:
Note that I tagged where I purchase everything HERE: The goal is to never pay for full price for this stuff so check out where I got it & also do your research! 🙂 I figured it would be easier to have an all in one place vs. clicking through each one separately!
This is the exact order:
1. I wash with Elemis Tri-Enzyme Resurfacing Facial Wash. It’s a little pricey, so I’ve since switched to SkinCeuticals Gentle Cleanser. Both work great!
2. Then, I use Neutrogena Makeup Remover Cleansing Towelettes to make sure that there’s no leftover makeup from last night! It’s important that your skin has a clean slate every night and every morning before you apply makeup or anything else. Just think about the amount of things in the air that get on your skin! It’s vital that you’re washing every morning and at night.
3. Next, I use Skin Ceuticals Hydrating Vitamin B Serum. – this is such a great moisturizer! Especially if you live in a dry climate OR you you fly a lot!
5. Up next, eye cream. I LOVE Rodan + Fields Multifunction Eye Cream. It’s super lightweight and it works great! I don’t want wrinkles in 30 years! 🙂 Don’t skip out on your eye cream!
4. Then, Skin Ceuticals Daily Moisture Cream– quite possibly what gives my skin a crazy glow!
5. Skinceuticals Physical Matte UV Defense SPF50 (Don’t skip on this, regardless of your skin tone! It’s so important to protect your skin from those rays! Even in the winter.
1. I typically exfoliate at night! I exfoliate about 5 times a week at night and the other nights, I use the regular facial wash. I like to use: Skinceuticals Micro Exfoliating Scrub. If your skin dries out quickly, then exfoliating often may not work for you. Reduce the amount of time that you exfoliate.
2. Then, I use Neutrogena Makeup Remover Cleansing Towelettes again to make sure that there’s no leftover from the day.
3. Then, I use one of two products:
– SkinCeuticals Resveratrol B E
Don’t totally freak out at the price of this one. I’ve been using it for about 8 months every night & I just ran out. It’s AMAZING. With ingredients like Vitamin E, Resveratrol and Baicalin, this Gel targets fine lines, wrinkles, elasticity and dullness to obtain a youthful and glowing look. And, I can say that I love it! I purchased this online after finding it at a Spa. I didn’t want to pay the spa prices, so I came online and found a sale for 40% off.
– SkinCeuticals Renew Overnight Normal To Dry
This is another great night cream! It’s not a gel/serum like the above – it’s more of a heavy lotion. I LOVE it and use it interchangeability.
ONE TIME A WEEK, I USE THIS MASK
Karuna Hydrating + face mask
*This thing is AMAZING! My skin was GLOWING after one use. It’s a Korean company and I hear that they take great care of their skin. I tried it once and was hooked!
My GO- TO Lip Balm AT NIGHT
Rodan + Fields Lip Renewing Serum (Silver capsules)
*To be honest, I didn’t expect much. My lips have been super dry because of the hormones after giving birth but after trying this – my lips are SUPER soft
WHEN I HAVE ACNE:
Skin Ceuticals Blemish + Age Defense Acne Treatment
MY GO-TO BODY LOTION
Reisha Body Lotion by Pearl Apothecary by Emerging Energy
So, I also love my from-scratch lotions and this is one of my favorites! I’ve been using this Etsy store for awhile now and I also love their all natural chest rub (I use it on the babies) and scrubs!
WHEN I WANT A SUNKISSED GLOW
So, if you knew me back in the day – you would know that I loved going to the tanner. *hides* Why? Because I loved that bronzed, I’ve been on a vacation look! Since I ditched the tanner years ago – I started to get spray tans. Now that I have 2 kids – the days of spray tanning are OVER. So, I found this Rodan + Fields Sunless Foaming Tanner!
So, that’s it! Remember that everything is linked HERE.
Sorry that it took so long, I wanted to be be as detailed as possible! 🙂
Love you all & cheers to some healthy, glowing’ fabulous skin!
Just a few things:
1. Find my (4) books (including my NEW book, “The Runaway Bride”), purity rings, shirts & all that good stuff via pinkypromiseboutiques.com!
2. We have developed an APP! Think: daily post notifications + weekly devotionals, recipes and so much more! It’s out NOW for iphones + Androids. Under: Heather & Cornelius Lindsey: Today With the Lindsey’s
3. If you live in Atlanta, I want to invite you to our church. Join us on Sundays at 11:00am. Our churches name is: “The Gathering Oasis” 3600 Snapfinger Rd Lithonia, GA 30038
4. Register for the 2016 Pinky Promise in Atlanta, GA! It sold out last year so you don’t want to miss out! www.pinkypromiseconference.com
5. We are headed to London for the Holy Desperation Conference! Join us!www.lindseysinlondon2016.eventbee.com
6. As always, you can join a Pinky Promise group locally! There’s about 40,000 ladies that have joined! Find a group near you by joining & checking out the intro page! Join here: www.PinkyPromiseMovement.com
God loves you like crazy,
Love you all so much!