Have you completely messed up lately?
The devil would LOVE for you to WALLOW in your past sin, blame you and ACC– USE you. Satan is called “the accuser of the brethren.” (Revelation 12:10) He would love to torment you with anxiety and worry. He would love you to worry about your life and question God’s faithfulness based on your current season. He would love to use what appears to be past failures against you.
He says things like:
“You will end up evicted again, just like you were before.”
“Your husband is going to lie to you like he did in the past.”
“You’re never going to have a healthy relationship, just like your parents.”
“You will be a failure your whole life.”
“You will never be satisfied single.”
“You just keep messing up, you will never get your relationship with God right.”
What happens when he accuses you and uses your past against you?
He weakens your influence and confidence in God’s word. You may think, “I can’t pray or talk about that because of what I did…” Or, “God doesn’t love me because I keep messing up..” You begin to AGREE with those thoughts more than you do the word of God!
So, if you woke up, weighed down by guilt and shame, it ends TODAY.
You will NOT walk around, weak, sad and distraught. INSTEAD, I challenge you to repent of your sin if you haven’t. If you have repented of your sins, then praise God! God HEARD your prayers and He has FORGIVEN YOU. Your sins are as far as the east from the west. The blood of Jesus has totally taken care of the sin problem! Thank GOD!
When you repent of your sins, God is FAITHFUL and just to forgive you and to cleanse you from all unrighteousness.
I also recommend these things:
1. Forgive yourself. Most times, we forgive others but then we beat ourselves up over and over again about what we did. Then, if bad things happen in our life, we charge it back to that “thing.”
2. Remember that there’s no limit on forgiveness. Jesus tells us to forgive 70×7 a DAY. Wow. That’s 490 times a DAY. So, have you messed up 490 times a day? If so, I can assure that God will forgive you EACH time. Now, I don’t recommend running back to the same sin over and over again. I recommend this next step to help you after you’ve repented.
3. Change your environment. When we repent, we TURN and go in a different direction. If you are gonna repent, something has to change in the PHYSICAL. Block that number, take a break from the computer, stop flirting. Change jobs. Do something radical. Change your locks. Stop sleeping together. But Heather, it’s hard! I don’t know what to do. Well, if you only knew the destination of your sin, you wouldn’t do it.
4. Spend lots and lots of time with Jesus renewing your mind. This is a DAILY work. Don’t get overwhelmed. Wake up, pray, journal and read your bible. THEN, listen to worship music/sermons throughout the day. Read Christian books. Be intentional.
5. Realize that YOU can hold you back. When temptation comes, God gives us a way OUT every time (1 Corinthians 10:13) So, when the test comes back around, decide to pass it. GO in the other direction.
Cheers for walking bodly in what God has called you to do, without shame, guilt or fear. God has truly set you free. (1 John).
1. The 2017 Pinky Promise Conference was EVERYTHING!!! Like literally. ” Registration is open NOW! www.pinkypromiseconference.com
2. Ah, I’m SO excited that the Pinky Promise Movement page has a new look! Check it out HERE.
3. ALSO, the Pinky Promise Boutique has a new look too PLUS a ton of cute MODEST, FAB, CLOTHES, jewelry, promise rings, clothes, journals, etc! Check it out HERE.
4. Be sure to check my calendar to see if I’m in your city soon! (under Calendar)
5. Are you in Atlanta? Come and visit our church! We are in Sandy Springs! The Gathering Oasis Church – we meet at the Galloway Private School in the Amphitheatre. 215 W Wieuca Rd NW Atlanta, GA 30327 every Sunday at 10AM EST.
5. My New Book, Silent Seasons was on the Amazon Best Seller’s List as the #1 in New Releases and in Religious for 5 weeks! ahh!! Find it HERE. or on Amazon/Kindle/Ibooks/Audio Book.6. Oh yeah, we started a BRAND NEW VLOGGING CHANNEL! Be sure to subscribe + check out the newest surprise in our sweet family! Subscribe HERE.
God loves you like crazy,