Every once in a while the Lord will lead me to share my 365 with Heather devotional with everyone. If you’ve been feeling overly anxious lately or as if God has forgotten about you, you’ll want to continue reading.
Here’s what the Lord is saying today.
There’s a beauty in sitting still.
Sitting isn’t fun, right?
Waiting isn’t fun, right?
Especially when you know that God gave you so many promises but it seems like .. things just aren’t happening.
Have you ever felt that way?
Have you ever felt like, GOD?! WHY AM I IN THIS WAITING ROOM?
WHEN WILL MY NAME GET CALLED?
WHEN WILL I GET MY BREAKTHROUGH?
WHEN WILL I FIND OUT WHAT IS NEXT IN MY LIFE?
WHEN WILL I GET MARRIED?
WHEN WILL I GET PREGNANT?
WHEN WILL MY MARRIAGE IMPROVE?!
Life just seems like this revolving .. waiting room.
Has it ever felt that way for you?
I can completely relate with you.
When I was single, I’m like — where is my man? I’m ready to get married.
When I got married, I’m like what’s up with our purpose? God, I’m going to need you to open some doors.
When I got married, I wondered, where are these kids at?
When I got in my purpose, I’m like what is next, God? What’s the VISION? Make it plain! I want to move forward!!
I want to challenge you today to rest your anxious heart.
Stop trying to figure out what is next and slow down.
Stop trying to focus on what is next and smell the roses of where you are today.
At times we become so anxious about what is next that we completely miss RIGHT where God has us.
So, you’re single right now. Find the beauty in it.
Organize your home.
Learn how to cook.
Start a new hobby.
Hang out with friends.
Start a bible study.
Drink a smoothie for dinner.
Road trip somewhere.
Heather, I hear you, but I’ve been doing that. I’ve been single for awhile. I understand, but God is still trying to show you the beauty of where you are right now.
You have more time on your hands.
You have time to start that hobby.
You have time to work out.
You have time to pray.
You have time to start that bible study.
You have time to sow into other people.
Heather, I’m married and I want to have kids.
I hear you. After having two miscarriages, I’ve been there.
But, I had time to get to know my husband.
I had time to watch other people’s kids and pour into them.
I had time to discipline myself in prayer and eating healthy so when my kids came, there was some structure.
Heather, I’m sick of not knowing what is next in my life.
Sitting still is one the hardest things ever.
But, when you sit still, you get quiet and God can give you instructions for the road ahead. He can heal that trauma in your heart.
James 1:4 is one of my favorite scriptures:
“But let patience have her perfect work, that ye may be perfect and entire, wanting nothing.”
Some of us just need some patience.
If you’re praying, “God, give me patience.” Then plan to get tested in this area of waiting on Him.
It’s not easy, it’s not pretty, but God is working in you and He is developing the fruit of the spirit IN you.
“But the Holy Spirit produces this kind of fruit in our lives: love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control. There is no law against these things!”
The Holy Spirit is producing fruit in you!
What a beautiful thing!
So, take a deep breath.
God know’s what is next in your life and you cannot CONTROL it. You can only SURRENDER it.
So let’s surrender that thing together, today.
Let’s find the beauty in where He has placed us! In Jesus name!
CHALLENGE FOR SEPTEMBER
Let’s get to saving! Let’s save $100 a week into an account we will not touch!
Also, for the month of September, let’s cut out MEAT!
BOOK THIS MONTH
I want to encourage you to read a book that is based on your relationship(s) by Stormie Omartian. She has tons of “Praying books.”
The scripture for this week:
“..but those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint.”
Just a few things:
– Struggling and need help? Looking for a therapist? Consider going to my sponsor, Faithful Counseling, for professional and affordable Christian counseling. Get matched with one by visiting HERE. The really cool part? They have financial aid! So, if you cannot afford to go, just apply for a scholarship! Yass!! Come THROUGH JESUS! Just be sure to note that you need financial aid if you do!
-If you’re struggling with rejection, abandonment, or insecurities then check out this course that I did on those areas HERE.
– If you need a journal for 365 you can purchase one HERE! I got you! Join a bible study group, or a Pinky Promise group in your area (www.pinkypromisemovement.com). Get busy serving in your local church or community. I don’t believe God created us to be without friends. No matter how old you are there is no such thing as “no new friends.” Don’t miss out on a new friendship because of past hurts. Press forward. Be an amazing friend and trust your discernment as you are led by the Holy Spirit.
– Check out my Youtube Channel. I have sermons, and encouraging messages that will encourage you, inspire you, & push you closer to Jesus! You can watch them HERE.
– Come to the Pinky Promise Conference 2021! Our theme is “NO SMOKE” and it’s going to be fire! I am always wrecked at my conference! Check it out HERE.
– Join the Pinky Promise Sisterhood facebook group HERE!
– Remember, it’s easy to start. The goal here is the FINISH. You have 24 hours in ONE day. Give 1% of your day to God for the next year! I can ASSURE you that it will change your life.
God loves you like crazy,