So, I must share my top things that I wanted in a husband. I wrote this in about 2006 and I’m amazed after looking back at it because my husband came ready-made at about 90% of this list!
- He must love the Lord thy God with all of his heart mind soul and strength and love his neighbor as himself.
- He MUST be a gentlemen open doors, hold my hand as I walk up and down stairs, help me put my coat on, pull out my chair, All that and then some…)
- He must be a hearer and a doer of the Word of God, PERIOD. No fakin’ and makin’.
- Must be intelligent
- He must have a servant’s heart
- He must understand the needs of me as a woman and the purpose for our relationship
- He must have a JOB
- Financially secure- How am I gone eat?!? Investments? Goals?! Plans?! Actions.. I need to see some FRUIT before the RING!
- I desire not to be kissed until my wedding day. (crazy, but so true) **I love how this happen. We kissed on our wedding day 8/14/2010!** Go Jesus!
- Must be a giver to God’s Kingdom.
- Must be attractive and keep himself together, clothes, haircut, work out, a very neat person in appearance
- Cannot have a temper
- Must love to read
- Someone who is secure
- Must pray in tongues, and have prayer/bible study/ devotion every morning
- Must keep me before the Lord, He’s the Christ in the Spirit and I’m the church, must walk side by side.
- Must NOT try to have sex w/ me prior to marriage- I must be precious to HIM
- I must be able to be myself, weakness and all
- Must listen to me!
- Must have a pure heart
- NO foul language
- Be positive in his thinking!
- Must be an encourager
- Cooking is always a bonus J
- Affection!!!! Touching is my love language!
- Must SPOIL me and put me first (after Jesus)
I always say this…before you get into a relationship–make sure that your foundation is Christ. If you keep jumping from relationship to relationship it’s like spraying perfume but refusing to take a shower. All of that hurt from past relationships is going to seep into the next one. GOD wants your HEART. So while you’re making this list.. make one to Christ.. of everything you want to be for HIM.
I just taught on Overcoming Hurt on 1/17/2012 you can catch it —-> here
God loves you like crazy,