Yes, your situation may look like a hot mess.
Yes, you may be straight going through it.
Yes, your heart may be broken.
It’s true – you may not understand what is going on in your life.
You may have just lost your job.
Your husband may have left you while you were completely faithful to him.
It may seem like you have no purpose.
It may seem like everyone has forgotten about you.
It may seem like you’re at a dead end job today.
It may seem like the only thing that appeared to be comfortable was your past.
It may seem like everyone is leaving you.
It may seem like your life is a failure.
Regardless of what you are “feeling” today, I came to ask you, “What are you saying in the midst of it all?” Yes, you may get crazy thoughts about yourself based on what you can see, but the reality is that you have a choice. You can either sit and believe the devil’s lies, or you can call him the LIAR that he is and decide to trust God through this situation.
Your good words and thoughts can literally trigger happy endorphins to be released in your body that make you physically feel better. Who knew that we can actually control those crazy thoughts that come through our heart? We don’t have to accept the lies of the enemy, most of us just choose to believe him. If the mailman tried to drop off a package of live rattlesnakes, I’m quite sure that you wouldn’t sign for the package – but sadly, many of us are signing for a package of negative words every single day.
On this earth, we will have tribulation, we will go through hard times, we will get frustrated. You may even be justified in your complaining because you have small kids, you hate your job, or you’ve been single and saved for a longggg time and you are straight tired. Regardless of your season in life, I want you to remember this scripture:
The tongue can bring death or life; those who love to talk will reap the consequences.
My words can bring LIFE or death to a situation?? And there are consequences to what I SAY? I believe that we would be MUCH more careful of what we said if we knew that it could HINDER where God is taking us. Some of us have become so used to complaining and grumbling that we literally WOKE up this morning, complained and fussed while we went into our prayer time. Then after fussing at God for about 30 minutes, we got dressed and went to work, fussing. The traffic, the train ride, the this, the that. THEN, we got to work and we are complaining.. until we opened up this blog. 🙂
Either we are going to have a great attitude today and decide to trust God or we are going to look exactly like this world and complain. YOU HAVE A CHOICE.
Let’s look at another scripture:
“I tell you, on the day of judgment people will give account for every careless word they speak.”
EVERY WORD. Every word you THINK. Every WORD you SPEAK. EVERY word you TYPE. (Yes, even what you say on social media and the arguments that you have will be judged)
Heather, that scripture does not say the words I thought. But, if you read Matthew 5:27-28 it says, “You have heard the commandment that says, ‘You must not commit adultery.’But I say, anyone who even looks at a woman with lust has already committed adultery with her in his heart.”
So, even in THINKING about lust is a sin. So, THINKING about complaining, rolling your eyes at that co-worker, your friends group me message or your husband is complaining in your heart.
James 3:5 says “The tongue is a small thing, but what enormous damage it can do.”
1. First, we must be emptied out. What is in your heart? If you find that you have a ton of jealousy, pride, hate, etc – run to the feet of the Father. Repent of your sins! Ask God to cleanse you and make you whole.
2. Now, fill back up again. With God’s word, sermons on unforgiveness, sermons on guarding your heart. Grab a journal, a Bible you can understand, spend time with God, stop hanging out with messy, gossiping people and maybe even do a fast from social media if it’s causing you to hate everyone, including your life.
3. Surrounding yourself with believers is key. Find a local, word-based church. Join a Pinky Promise Group or start one.
4. Fast from complaining. Yup, that’s right. Train your flesh to say the opposite of what you want to say (only if it’s bad!)
5. FIGHT back with the word of God. Write out scriptures on this area and when the attacks come, fight back! Here’s a few!
Sisters, WE CAN do this! We CAN speak LIFE. We WILL have a good attitude. There WILL be a joy and light about us as we live for Jesus! We WILL align our words with what God says about us!
1. The 2017 Pinky Promise Conference was EVERYTHING!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Like literally. Here’s the night I taught on “Running From God.” I will be opening up registration for 2018 this upcoming FRIDAY via www.pinkypromisemovement.com
2. Ah, I’m SO excited that the Pinky Promise Movement page has a new look! Check it out HERE.
4. Be sure to check my calendar to see if I’m in your city soon! (under Calendar)
5. Lastly, My New Book, Silent Seasons was on the Amazon Best Seller’s List as the #1 in New Releases and in Religious for 5 weeks! ahh!! Find it HERE. or on Amazon/Kindle/Ibooks/Audio Book.