Every now and then, the Holy Spirit places it on my heart to send out a devotional to my mailing list! I pray that this encourages you!
Have you ever felt like, “God, when is it MY TIME?”
“God, please give me that job.”
“God, please let that person be the one.”
“God, please let this season be my breakthrough.”
We present constant requests to God and expect immediate answers. When He doesn’t, our prayers turn to questions like,
“God, why not me?”
“God, when is it ever my turn?”
“God, are you even listening to my prayers?”
Let me tell you this truth:
Yes, God is listening to your prayer. He knows all your requests and He knows every desire of your heart. He knows everything about you! Which is also why He knows what you NEED.
That job you wanted so bad but did not get?
He has something even better for you!
That guy you believed was “the one” but did not pursue you?
God was saving you from another heartbreak.
Are you wondering why every single peer of yours has everything you prayed for?
They had their waiting season just like you have yours.
My question to you is, why are you in an urgency to be at the finish line?
Lamentations 3:25 tells us that “The Lord is good to those whose hope is in Him, to the one who seeks Him.”
We all have our seasons such as seasons for waiting and seasons for reaping. You will not reap every season. That just isn’t how it works! Just like farming, there has to be a planting and waiting season before you can harvest your crops.
BUT God, what is good about my waiting season?
Your waiting season indicates that God is working within you. He is teaching you to be patient. He is teaching you to trust him. He is teaching you to have faith in His promise that you too, will receive the crown of life if you continue to persevere through the trials.
I know sometimes our waiting seasons can get frustrating. It’s an endless cycle of thinking “this is it” which later ends up as “Not yet” and so we continue hoping and praying and praying and boom!
Not yet slowly turns to NO.
Our natural response is often frustration, anger and doubt but when all these feelings subside, we slowly realize that God was saving us from something that could potentially ruin our relationship with Him. He was saving us from something that could hurt us.
In these instances, Jeremiah 29:11 comes to my mind. It says, “For I know that plans I have for you, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.”
When God says no, it means He is opening another door for us. An even better one. All we have to do is pray. Pray for faith, patience and humility.
Continue to trust in Him, your reaping season is about to come! Just stay planted.
CHALLENGE FOR JULY
Ouch. We are going practice letting God fight out battles. Amen? Amen!
BOOK THIS MONTH
For the month of July, I want to encourage you to read a book about living for Jesus!
The scripture for this week”
“For by grace you have been saved through faith. And this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God, not a result of works, so that no one may boast.”
Just a few things:
-Need a therapist? Get matched with one right by going HERE.
-If you’re struggling with rejection, abandonment, or insecurities then check out this course that I did on those areas HERE.
– If you need a journal for 365 you can purchase one HERE! I got you! Join a bible study group, or a Pinky Promise group in your area (www.pinkypromisemovement.com). Get busy serving in your local church or community. I don’t believe God created us to be without friends. No matter how old you are there is no such thing as “no new friends.” Don’t miss out on a new friendship because of past hurts. Press forward. Be an amazing friend and trust your discernment as you are led by the Holy Spirit.
– Check out my Youtube Channel. I have sermons, and encouraging messages that will encourage you, inspire you, & push you closer to Jesus! You can watch them HERE.
– Come to the Pinky Promise Conference 2020! It’s virtual this year and it’s going to be amazing! We are a sisterhood of women who all desire to seek the face of Jesus! I am always wrecked at my conference! Check it out HERE.
– Join the Pinky Promise Sisterhood facebook group HERE!
– Remember, it’s easy to start. The goal here is the FINISH. You have 24 hours in ONE day. Give 1% of your day to God for the next year! I can ASSURE you that it will change your life.
God loves you like crazy,